Newcastle Health Innovation Partners, one of eight Academic Health Science Centres in the UK, brings together world-class research, education and clinical practice for the benefits of the region.
We aim to become the most integrated and innovative Academic Health Science Partnership in the world, working with innovators to discover, develop and deliver new solutions in healthcare, improving population health for North East and North Cumbria citizens.
View the NIHP Award Submission document (March 2020) here.
The foundation of our partnership is built around five outstanding organisations:
- Newcastle University
- Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Newcastle City Council
- Academic Health Science Network for North East and North Cumbria
With a combined annual turnover in excess of 2 billion, over 35,000 employed staff, 600 researchers and a population of 3.2 million to serve. Our excellence is reflected in research, education, patient care and a proven track record in addressing regional inequalities.
Newcastle Health Innovation Partners works with a range of partners across the North East and North Cumbria, and beyond, supporting prevention, improving health outcomes and generating economic growth through collaborative partnerships and programmes.
- Integrated Care Partnerships and the wider North East Integrated Care System
- North East Local Economic Partnership
- Northern Health Science Alliance
Watch our video below to find out more about how NHIP work collaboratively to reduce health inequalities across North East and North Cumbria:
In early 2021 NHIP will communicate with NHIP Partners and the broader community on the values and beliefs for NHIP to inform how we wish to behave and operate at all levels of the partnership. These core values may include:
- Serve the citizen
- Mutual trust
- Let go for the wider benefit
- Listen and evolve together
- Go where no one else has gone
- Show how it should be done