The NHIP Strategy Board, chaired by AHSC Director Professor David Burn, sets direction, prioritises objectives and ensures the delivery of AHSC outputs.
- Professor David Burn, Pro-vice Chancellor, Faculty Medical Sciences and Director of NHIP
- Dame Jackie Daniel, Chief Executive Officer, Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- James Duncan, Chief Executive Officer, Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Nicola Hutchinson, Chief Executive Officer, Academic Health Science Network for North East and North Cumbria
- Pam Smith, Chief Executive Officer, Newcastle City Council
- Professor John Isaacs, Associate Medical Director for Research, Newcastle Hospitals and Chair of NHIP Research and Innovation Strategy Sub-committee
- Professor Dave Jones, Chair of NHIP Education and Training Sub-committee
- Maurya Cushlow, Executive Chief Nurse, Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals Foundation Trust and Chair of NHIP People and Culture Sub-committee
- Professor Avan Aihie Sayer, Director of NIHR Newcastle Biomedical Research Centre (BRC)
- Professor Eileen Kaner, Director of NIHR Applied Research Collaboration (ARC) for North East and North Cumbria
- Professor Caroline Wroe, Clinical Director of NIHR Clinical Research (CRN) for North East and North Cumbria
- Professor Andy Husband, Director of NIHR Patient Safety Research Collaborative
- Hannah Powell, NHIP Chief Operating Officer
Find out more about the Strategy Board members
The NHIP Strategy Board meet quarterly and future meetings will be held on the following dates:
29 March 2023
6 June 2023
Underpinning the NHIP Strategy Board are three Sub-committees:
- Research and Innovation Strategy Group
- Education & Training Group
- People & Culture Group
The Sub-committees bring Partner organisations together to develop and deliver activity in their respective areas to drive forward NHIP’s goals and ambitions.
The NHIP Strategy Board is also supported by an Operations Group. The NHIP Operations Group comprises key leaders from each of the five partners to advise on the operational delivery of NHIP activity across the partnership.