BLOG: NHIP vision taking shape
Tuesday March 30, 2021
As Newcastle Health Innovation Partners (NHIP) approaches its one-year anniversary, our Chief Operating Officer, Peter Noble, gives an insight into some of the exciting plans on the horizon for our flourishing AHSC.
Newcastle Health Innovation Partners is moving at pace! We have yet to reach our first birthday but the leadership team met last week and agreed a number of ambitious proposals that will strongly place NHIP as one of the most integrated Academic Health Science Centres in the world by 2025.
So, what is this all about? We are led by five organisations that have a shared passion to go the extra mile and collectively generate new value to achieve citizen benefit. Achieving this can only be done by stepping back from our silos, increasing strategic interactions and bringing together people and communities that would not normally meet. A dating agency, where decisions are informed by population need! We are curious in growing knowledge and debate, but our prime interest is around outcomes and impact for the people and the economy of the North East and North Cumbria (NENC).
Last week’s meeting of the NHIP Strategy Board demonstrated exceptional leaders who respect diversity and have a common purpose around citizen benefit. The 90-minute thought provoking session landed some useful outcomes, which included:
- Agreeing our 2025 vision and objectives.
- Progressing our 2025 research, education and people plans that will be finalised by June.
- Articulating our capabilities to support integrated care across NENC.
- Our planned forthcoming events to celebrate year one progress and BiteSize seminar programme for staff and collaborators on topics of particular interest.
- Strengthening our collaborative and complementary work with Northumbria University.
- Our ambitions to formulate stronger collaborations with industry.
- Our strategy for patient and citizen engagement.
- Building international collaborations with the Association of Academic Health Centres based in Washington DC
NHIP has now joined the best Academic Health Science Centres in the world. We recognise that we are still a young organisation and we will not get everything right, but we are rapidly learning as we move at pace. By 2025 our plans will have made a positive impact on the NHIP workforce as we make the North East and North Cumbria a better place! So, keep an eye on our website and do not miss the announcement of forthcoming events!