Newcastle Health Innovation Partners (NHIP) will align the research and innovation, education, clinical and health care missions of the Partners, to discover, develop and deliver translational research for better patient outcomes, thereby improving citizen health and generating greater economic growth. By 2025 NHIP will be one of the most integrated and innovative Academic Health Science Centres in the world, continually striving to recognise, respond to and reduce health inequalities across the North East and North Cumbria’s 3.6m citizens.
The NHIP is nationally designated as an Academic Health Science Centre and is made up of the following Partners:
- Newcastle University
- Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Newcastle City Council
- Academic Health Science Network for the North East and North Cumbria
Translational Research: building on world-class science, our research and innovation will translate into real world benefit, reduce inequalities and improve health outcomes.
Training & Education: we will equip our health and care professionals with the skills and knowledge that underpin research and leadership excellence.
Economic Growth: we will develop, commercialise and drive adoption of novel solutions to stimulate economic growth and improve population health and well being.
People & Culture: through strong collaborations and by keeping citizens at the heart of our agenda, we will build a more resilient, skilled, agile and future-facing workforce to maximise local economic opportunities.
- Align and fully integrate academic excellence into health and care delivery to improve the quality of life for patients and citizens.
- Deliver high impact innovations through translational research satellites, harnessing world-class expertise that includes Ageing and Long Term Conditions, Diagnostics, Advanced Therapeutics, Rare Diseases and Population Health.
- Embed new cutting edge education and training programmes to develop academic, health and civic leaders able to recognise, respond to and reduce health inequalities and drive innovation.
- Establish NHIP as a partnership of regional anchor institutions that support and work with a wide spectrum of health, care and industry collaborators for economic growth.
- Evidence engagement, involvement and collaborative working with citizens to improve their health outcomes and provide regional prosperity in the post Covid era.
- Demonstrate new ways of working across boundaries for organisational and economic benefit.
By sharing regular impact reports, news stories, feedback from stakeholders, and patient and population stories, NHIP will lead locally and provide global level exemplars, evidencing its impact to the ecosystem and provide the vehicle to ensure the North East and North Cumbria region is a visibly improved, more healthy and economically prosperous place to live, study and invest in, by 2025.